Muir moments are memories we make last forever!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Miss her ...........


It has taken me over a week to even write this but last Tuesday I lost a big piece of my heart. I lost my little Bri Bri. She has been struggling lately and we thought she was pregnant we will never know but I gave her a bath Tuesday and that is the last time I ever held her. Really feel bad knowing how much she hates getting a bath. I have had her since she was 4 weeks old. I bottle fed her until she was weaned. When she was about 8 weeks old we learned she was low on blood sugar so 3 times a day we had to give her her syrup toothpaste. (it smelled like syrup but came in a tube)She was my yorkies baby. I had her dad which got my mother in laws maltese pregnant. The day after Bri arrived in North Carolina from St. George Utah her dad was hit by a car. Her dad was Timothy James. I named her Jamie Brianne and her brother Brian Timothy. She lost her brother 10 months later when our house was broken into and all my animals were let outside. He was also hit by a car.

Bri has brought so much joy and comfort to me in the 12 years I have had her. Through everything she was there. I never considered her a dog she was my baby girl. When I had Weston I was always moving her from the car seat to put him in or the bouncer. She knew she was the baby. She loved to snuggle with Weston in the cradle. She loved to cuddle and be loved on. She loved her belly scratched!

This week has felt very empty. I still call her when I leave, and when I come home it is heart wrenching to not have her whine of excitment and clicking of her paws on the floors from excitement. I still wake in the morning planning to move her so I can get up because she would never let me fall she was always at my side but it is empty. For many years she always had to sleep under the covers. I miss her stealing Sam's pillow the second he moved to wake up. I miss her urf at Sam to make him get her on the bed because she would never have the heart to wake me on purpose. As her age began to take toll she has to warm up to finally make that jump to the couch. She was always fighting for her bed from Riley. She was the momma dog that always watched Riley and Zuey and acted as if they were just to immature for her.

I will miss her dearly, I am thankful she did not suffer long. She will forever be in my heart!









No comments: